Wednesday, March 27, 2013

99 Red Balloons

Who knew a little red balloon could entertain someone for longer than 5 minutes?  I sure didn't.  Until, of course, hanging out with Ben, my boyfriend's wonderful four year old son, became a common occurrence.  But oh, was I wrong.  Hours of entertainment, those balloons can be.

I suppose a little bit of back story is probably beneficial in this whole starting a blog thing.

I'm Carley.  I live in the lovely city of Madison, Wisconsin with my boyfriend of a year and half, Rob.  We have a cute little apartment that I adore.  It doesn't allow cats, which occasionally enrages me, but it does have big, wide windows and enough space for two adults and one halfling to sprawl about and enjoy the day.  I sling coffee at a Starbucks down the road and am attempting to get myself together enough to go back to school this fall for English Education.  We'll see how that goes.

When I'm not bouncing around a balloon and pretending the ground is lava, I'm normally baking.  Or maybe attempting to poach an egg, or starting a craft project I know I'll never really finish, or possibly writing.  Actually, if honesty is really my goal with this whole blog business, I'm probably watching Doctor Who.

Mine is not the glamorous life, but it's a good one.  A kind of life I've grown to love quite dearly.

Rob and Ben drew me a picture a month or so ago, that is now framed in my room and cherished.  It's of me looking up, as if ready to fight, during an alien invasion.  It is labeled "Dating Someone With A Child" and it could not be more perfect.  It's actually the inspiration for this blog.  This is not something I thought I'd be getting used to a few years ago, but now that this is safely my life, I wouldn't change a thing.

That doesn't stop me from occasionally freaking out over a balloon getting dangerously close to smacking me in the face while I'm cooking dinner.  That I'm not quite sure I'll ever be prepared for.



2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are writing again! I love your writing style and humor. Don't fret.. I also love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry that balloons might hit you in the face. Know that they will.

    ReplyDelete