Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Chopsticks Are Scary.

Fact.

I bought a bunch of chopsticks from World Market the other day, as I have been cooking a lot of ramen dishes and generally feel cooler when I'm eating it with chopsticks.  Ben was helping me put away dishes, or rather dancing in the space that is the kitchen and giving commentary on my putting away of the dishes, and stopped when I reached the chopsticks I'd used earlier in the day.

He then grabbed them, smiled adorably (ei: something wicked this way comes) and proceded to run full speed through the narrow hallway of our apartment to his room, diving headfirst onto his bed.  All while holding the chopsticks.  And laughing.

It was terrifying.

Luckily no eyes, throats, or stomachs were stabbed during this escapade.  I know it probably comes with time, but currently any semi-pointy object spells out certain doom whenever Ben is placed near them.  He's a smart kid.  He's not going to ram a chopstick pointy-side into Rob's stomach and cackle into the night, but that thought still absolutely crosses my mind whenever certain factors come into play.

1 comment:

  1. If Rob dies with binocular vision, it will comes as a shock.

    ReplyDelete