Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Stitching and Bitching


I've started knitting.

My new and wonderful friend Sarah has taken to showing me this lovely new obsession on the weekends.  It's great.  I'm in love.  My first project is a scarf, as most new knitters tend to do.  It's really hard to put it down once I get going.  Seeing it grow with each new row of stitches is such a wonderful feeling.  The moment it got to the point that it was longer than it was wide, I was in knitting heaven.  I think it's safe to say I've found a new hobby.

There's this website, www.ravelry.com, that is filled to the brim with amazingly nerdy patterns.  Harry Potter and Doctor Who are well represented, which means I've found a way to make personalized Christmas/Birthday presents for all those people in my life who live and breath fandom, of which I know quite a few.

Also, I'm going to make a Dalek hat and possibly a TARDIS potholder.  Maybe a Sonic the Hedgehog hat for Ben.

If ever I disappear off the face of the interwebs, it's probably because I can't be bothered to put down the knitting needles.  Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment